With one of the largest transracial and transcultural adopted communities being in Minnesota, the Minnesota Transracial Film Festival (MNTRFF) was incepted by the international adoptee organization AdopSource in order to showcase both the community and its rich diversity, as well as some of the emerging voices telling their point of view through film, words, and music since 2009.
Contact us: email@example.com
Purchase tickets, go to Ticketing on the Menu options
Friday Night Dinner
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
1989 Silver Bell Road, Eagan, MN
Saturday Film Festival
11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
The Parkway Theater
4814 Chicago Avenue South
Saturday After Party
TBA - 9:00 PM
Radisson Split Rock Grille
Rooms are reserved for us at
The Sheraton Midtown
29th and Chicago
code: MNTRFF to get group rate
MNTRFF 2014 Films
This year's festival examines international adoption from many angles, and asks, "What if ?"
- "Binitay" by James Beni Wilson tells the tale of a Filipino adoptee who is found in a plastic bag hanging from a tree.
- "AKA Dan" follows Dan Mathews in his discovery of the Korean Adoptee community as well as the discovery of his birth family.
- "Extended Family", by Jill Hodges J. Baab, listens to an adoptive mother as she journeys to her son's country of birth, Guatemala.
- Jane Well's "Native Silence" reminds us that interracial adoption with its complications is right here in Minnesota.
- Emmanuel Moonchil Park takes several years to film "My Place", the story of his sister's decision to become a single mother in Korea.
- "Surplus" is a poignant story of a family's decision in poverty.
- "YoonMe: Beyond Korea", the trailer by Shelby Redfield is due to be completed in 2015. It is a glimpse of Shelby's documentary about Korean adoption.
- " Two Together" is a documentary about the struggles of unwed mothers in Korea, and the tremendous societal pressures that lead so many women to adoption.
Transracial adoptee comedian Ben Katzner
Shinparam Korean Drum Group
more announcements to follow!
MNTRFF 2014 DETAIL
Saturday, November 8, 2014
Registration begins at 10:45 AM
Films and Entertainment 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM
4814 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55417
Directed and Produced by James Beni Wilson
documentary, 60 minutes
Directed by John Maxwell
Directed and produced by Jill Hodges and J. Baab
short, 26 minutes
Directed and Produced by Jane Wells
short, 23 minutes
Directed and Produced by Emmanuel Moonchil Park
documentary, 77 minutes
Directed and Produced by Joy Dietrich
short, 22 minutes
YoonMe: Beyond Korea
Directed and Produced by Shelby Redfield
Directed and Produced by Mina Fitzpatrick
Emerging Film Selection
James Beni Wilson, Jill Hodges, Emmanuel Moonchil Park, Caroline Nguyen Ticarro-Parker, Lauren Smith-Kiewel, and Dawn Bjoraker